Dark Mode Appears in Latest WhatsApp Beta for iPhone

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Dark Mode is coming to WhatsApp for iOS soon. Users participating in the app's TestFlight beta program have spotted the setting in the latest testing notes, confirming that the feature is finally coming to iPhone.

The setting first appeared in a recent WhatsApp for Android beta build, which is a good indication of what users on iOS can expect down the pipe. The latest Android beta also includes new solid dark wallpapers for users to tailor their Dark Mode experience, suggesting these will also come to the iPhone app.

We're still not sure when the stable builds of WhatsApp will get Dark Mode, but it surely can't take any longer than Google's protracted rollout of its Gmail dark theme, which still hasn't appeared for some users.

(Thanks, Aaron!)

Article Link: Dark Mode Appears in Latest WhatsApp Beta for iPhone

Last edited:

Cruncher

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
I am on the beta too but the Build with the 30 at the End was not rolled out to all (or to the public beta testers). According to WABETAINFO it will be rolled out in the nex 10 days.

Reactions: tom.humphrey

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I am on the beta too but the Build with the 30 at the End was not rolled out to all (or to the public beta testers). According to WABETAINFO it will be rolled out in the nex 10 days.
Any idea if there's a way to get into the beta program? I tried but apparently it's full.

Cruncher

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
Any idea if there's a way to get into the beta program? I tried but apparently it's full.
Not really. I joined the beta when there were slots available to join but the Beta is closed for more than half a year already.

Reactions: 3bs

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
I'm so happy for Mark Zuckerberg that his eyes will hurt less at night when scanning through my messages.
Funny we prevent giving out so much information to so many others but readily give out to this one guy, all over the world! I am trying very hard to get out of not using WhatsApp. In my country, people use FB Messenger and WhatsApp and nothing else. Not even SMS (for regular communication). I intend to do my best to not get back on the WhatsApp train.

Good that dark mode might finally be out soon to the public. The beta had come out a few days ago as version 2.20.30.12.

Reactions: DeepIn2U and CVUSA

Biu_miu

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
Funny we prevent giving out so much information to so many others but readily give out to this one guy, all over the world! I am trying very hard to get out of not using WhatsApp. In my country, people use FB Messenger and WhatsApp and nothing else. Not even SMS (for regular communication). I intend to do my best to not get back on the WhatsApp train.

Good that dark mode might finally be out soon to the public. The beta had come out a few days ago as version 2.20.30.12.
Nobody cares about your "information", you are one in a billion, absolutely insignificant. Nobody is spying on you, nobody is listening, nobody cares. I totally gave up on "facebook listening on me" after I reporting ads as irrelevant and still seeing them, seeing info absolutely tailored not for me on new feed etc.

tom.humphrey

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2011
I've got the same here - latest version available to me from TestFlight is 2.20.21.1

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Nobody cares about your "information", you are one in a billion, absolutely insignificant. Nobody is spying on you, nobody is listening, nobody cares. I totally gave up on "facebook listening on me" after I reporting ads as irrelevant and still seeing them, seeing info absolutely tailored not for me on new feed etc.
And this mindset is why Facebook gets away with what it does. You and I are free to interpret facts the way we want. When presented with Facebook's actions, I interpret it as invasion of my privacy. You interpret it as nobody cares, you are one in a billion, absolutely insignificant, nobody is spying on you, nobody is listening. It's our choice how we interpret Facebook's actions.

Last edited:

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
Why is every app getting dark mode for iOS except g mail? Really google just remove the dark splash screen...it’s getting old.

Reactions: yegon

Biu_miu

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
And this mindset is why Facebook gets away with what it does. You and I are free to interpret facts the way we want. When presented with Facebook's actions, I interpret it as invasion of my privacy. You interpret it as nobody cares, you are one in a billion, absolutely insignificant, nobody is spying on you, nobody is listening. It's our choice how we interpret Facebook's actions.
What are those ”facebook actions” ? Please list them-one, two, thee and so on, no vague and generic descriptions AKA “they got your information” , “they track you” . Untill now these “actions” are- showing me advertising i don’t care about, showing “people you might know” I definitely do no know, showing ads in foreign language. Wow, such AI. Don’t get me wrong, FB is absolute trash, I deleted app, log in desktop version once a day for a minute just to be sure- there is no content, every thing is unrelated shares, ads, original content maybe once on a week, absolutely nothing to see and do. Should be kinda opposite, if they got so much info about me from all that info they got...

DinkThifferent

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
I don't like using WhatsApp but i have to. If you quit using WhatsApp it's like throwing your phone in the trash can.

Tim Cook should definitely reconsider making iMessage available for Android, to hit Facebook where it hurts.

Reactions: Lucas284