Dark Mode with Dynamic Background

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by chris4565, Dec 8, 2018.

1. chris4565 macrumors member

chris4565

Hi,

I have the dynamic Mojave desert background enabled on my Mac. When I switch to Dark Mode the background stays light (everything else changes to dark). I don't think that this is the intended behavior or is it? I tested the same thing on another Mac and there everything (including the background) changes to dark when enabling dark mode.

Many greets
    Chris

2. nollimac macrumors 6502

nollimac

If you set up dynamic mode and dark mode...the desert is light, that means time has not elapsed to see the desert in dark.

3. chris4565 thread starter macrumors member

chris4565

Thanks for your reply. Is this really how it’s supposed to work? Because on another Mac where I’ve tested this it also switches to the dark background when enabling dark mode. And on my connected display it also shows this behavior. Just not on my Mac.

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The dynamic background is supposed to change from light to dark according to the sunrise through sunset and beyond of your current location.

5. nollimac macrumors 6502

nollimac

When I first turn mine on, it was in dark desert then changed light or daylight dynamically; however, I don't know whether it stops in sleep mode and resumed when awoke.

6. doc james macrumors member

If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around to hear it, did it definitely make a sound? ;)

7. nollimac macrumors 6502

nollimac

Yes, because that's what would happen whether anyone around to hear it or not!

8. doc james macrumors member

How do you know? It's a question that's occupied philosophers for hundreds of years ;)