Dark Notification Center option in High Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by X--X, Jul 10, 2017.

1. X--X macrumors 6502

Is the Notification Center still crazy bright and mismatched when using "dark menubar and Dock" or was that fixed?

it was the only reason I didn't update to Sierra and will be the reason I won't update to High Sierra. I can't take it.

2. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

that's one hell-of-a-reason to not run a newer (and better) OS. i mean, i'd prefer it 'matched' (in fact, i've run a dark menubar with hacks consistently since 10.3), but i wouldn't give up the other features & benefits of sierra (& now high sierra) because a GUI detail isn't what i prefer. still, it's your right to do that....

4. X--X, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

X--X thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks skwood, I guess I'll stay on El Capitan then.

I don't get why this eyesore is just ignored, does nobody at Apple use "Dark Mode".

For me...there is literally nothing useful or exciting in Sierra compared to El Capitan. Not one single feature.
    I would have updated anyway if they had not destroyed the interface.

The new features that are really exciting to me coming in High Sierra are in Safari 11 and that's a separate download (thank goodness).

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

a new OS isn't only about 'new features', it's about change, and improvement under the hood... and that's what excites me most. just think it's a shame you won't move forward over the color of the notification center window. how much time do you spend there? and what if apple never changes it? will you still be on el cap when 10.14, 10.15 etc happen?
    just curious...

6. X--X, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017

X--X thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be a shame.

But the UI is something that I as a user look at every single day for hours and hours... which makes it a very important thing. Maybe more important then some mysterious "under the hood" improvement, but definitely equally so.

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

under the hood improvements can mean: better, faster, more stable performance. for example, i want my car to look good, but even moreso, i want it to perform well. and really, how much time do you spend looking at the notification center window? seriously, there's no reason to assume apple will ever make a dark NC window. so, seems futile to wait for it. and if it happens, great; if not, at least you're enjoying 'state-of the art' performance (more or less, lol)...

8. X--X thread starter macrumors 6502

They already did.

It was always dark, its entire existence (years and years) until last year.

All I and many many others want is an option to have it dark again, like it always was.

9. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

right, what i meant was "there's no reason to assume apple will ever make a dark NC window again". either way, giving up improvements & enhancements for the NI window (again, how many times a day do you view that?) seems... sad. and when you say "many, many others'... are we talking dozens? thousands? millions? honestly, apple does what it choses to do, and i doubt that will change. anyway, whatever works for you...

10. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

..please don't use misleading topic titles next time.