Dark Screen, bad inverter?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xm4cbethx, Mar 4, 2011.

1. xm4cbethx macrumors newbie

so i have a macbook pro (A1211). the screen is very dark and i cant make out anything. I did some research and tried reseting the PRAM by pressing command+option+p+r...noting happened. I read that it could be a bad inverter. I ordered one from ifixit.com and i replaced the display inverter...this was not the issue....

the computer itself is fine...as im able to barely see everything on the desktop and i was able to transfer everything i have to another computer so i do not think its the logic board (or could it be?)...i also dont think it could be the graphics card as there is still image, just barely visible...

does anyone know of any solutions to this issue. im sure this has happened to a lot of you, several times. I tried reinstalling it also and have not had any luck. any help would be awesome because im trying to avoid spending a lot of money only to have apple do something that i could do. thanks! :(

2. xm4cbethx thread starter macrumors newbie

any ideas at all?...i tried replacing the inverter again just in case i did it wrong and it did not work...