Dark Screen on Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rstm109, Aug 20, 2011.

1. rstm109 macrumors newbie

My iPhone suddenly has a very dark backscreen. The water sensor is still white so I am assuming no water damage although inside my "skin" it was damp. Haven't figured out how that happened yet as it was in my purse and nothing was soaked. I have reset it, restored it and alas, screen is still dark. I can use it but its just hard to see

Any suggestions? I just renewed my protection plan last week (so random) and haven't received it yet to register it again. Should I wait to register it and then take my phone in as I don't think this is a water issue?

Help!:eek:

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Might as well take it in. Can't hurt if your sensors are still white.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

She said she restored, that would've fixed it if it were a brightness issue. Best bet is to set up an appointment with the geniuses.

Good-Luck!

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No if they restored from backup the settings would have gone back to the way they were before restore and therefore the brightness would be down.

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

That's true, I just tend to assume when someone say they did a restore it was as-new. Versus a "restored from backup".

7. rstm109 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input an I have done all suggested. I think the backlight is shot as I can use the phone but can barely see the screen. Its only 1 year old, almost to the day, but just have to wait for my warrenty to come in to plug in the code (ordered before it expired but phone bit it first). Just glad it's somewhat functional:)

8. iQuickFix macrumors newbie

If Apple wont fix it for you, I can repair it for cheap. Replacing iPhone screens is one of the most common repairs I do. Let me know.