Dark Sector

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've been following this game from the begining and now its finally here(tomorrow) so whos getting it?

I have no interest in the multiplayer but the weapon/gameplay and story seems interesting enough to warrant a purchase. I've seen a lot of gameplay footage and the boss battles and upgrades seem great.

I'll get it for the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWwI_32lGY

Bless

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm really looking forward to this. Been following it for ages and they had extensive play through on gamerTV the other day too.

Will buy for the PS3 (and condemned 2 & Viking for 360 ;) ) Just for balance :D

3. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

yeah this is another game to add to my games collection but its out in the uk on the 4th april with is a kick in the pants :(

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I'm on Chapter 5 and so far the game has been nothing but utter meh! of the highest proportions.

The glaive thing is flawed. Close combat doesn't work well with over the shoulder and the graphics generally are pretty dissapointing, especially the lead character who even in cutscenes seems to be in the very low polygon count scale of things. It's strange as some of the other characters are ok, but Hayden the lead, looks really crappy.

Some nice ideas, doesn't stop this being a poor Gears of War or Uncharted (it's action scenes).

Sorry but this game is a utterly bland middle of the road 5-6/10 for me so far.... but open to be impressed if things improve, but I ain't holding my breath.

(oh and sixaxis motion control sucks for the glaive so I used right analogue stick as it was way way way more accurate - but still doesn't stop it getting very repetitive very quickly)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

FECKING GAME!@@@!!!!

So I'm on middle/late Chapter 9 (10 chapters in all. Tenth being the end boss)

Pretty much going through the motions just so I can finish and trade it in when GTA4 comes out...

My PS3 crashes (locks up) and when it restarts and starts the game again it has crippled my save and for some reason it starts back on chapter 4 somewhere.... AGHHHH

It's not the kind of game I'd play through again.. EVER.. therefore I am now officially going to have to add this thing to games I will never complete...

Oh well... kind of meh! game but it would have been nice to see the ending since I was so close :rolleyes:

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Dang thats too bad MRU. I was hoping to either buy this one or give it a rent, but I guess I will skip it. Its a shame since the game was in development for, what, like 4 years?