Dark Spots/Uneven Backlighting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nipponfan, Dec 5, 2009.

1. nipponfan macrumors regular

When using my iPhone in a dark enviroment and using a rather low backlighting there is a darker spot on the upper right part of the screen. When a raise the backlight it's not that visible anymore.

It's kinda bothering me, so does this warrant a return? On the other hand I'm very satisfied with my unit, no faulty pixels, no cracked case... I'm also afraid that they might not exchange it as soon as I got a more serious "problem"

Attached Files:

2. dread macrumors 6502a

take it in and get the screen replaced. They will do that and the rest of your phone is the same. That is horrible by the way I couldn't live with that.

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

4. nipponfan thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't DO anything, I barely got it 1 Month. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago and thought it was temporary - I got a case for it right away and never dropped it of course

5. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

All iPhone users should use their phones naked. I've had bad experiences with cases on my 3G. My buttons got lose and the phone all scratched up. I've been completely naked with my 3Gs since I got it about a month ago and the buttons are still intact and perfect.

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

What if someone doesn't want to go naked? What makes your way the "right" way to use an i? Why should I listen to what you have to say?

I used to go naked and now I don't but I would never be so arrogant as to tell all other iPhone users how they should dress or undress their phone.

As far as the OP's issue.... I say take it in to a store and have them take a look at it.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Offcourse not :D
    Time for a trip to Apple, they'll take care of it for you.

8. nipponfan thread starter macrumors regular

The only problem I'll have will be to actually demonstrate this issue. In a very light enviroment (such as a apple store) you don't really see it, it's gotta be really dark and the backlight really low...

9. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

then hover over it or take it out side when dark out with an apple person

10. nipponfan thread starter macrumors regular

Went to the orange shop today. They won't exchange it on the spot with a new one, instead they sent it in with the description I gave - bc of course I couldn't demonstrate it due to the brightness in the showroom and it was light outside.

So hopefully they'll change the display or better get me a new one. But I will have to wait up to 14 days :(
    Luckily my father borrowed me his droid, so it's not so bad after all ;)

11. nipponfan thread starter macrumors regular

Finally they exchanged my unit completely - so now I've got a brand new (probaply refurbished) iphone!