iPad Dark stock keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad' started by usmaak, Dec 26, 2014.

1. usmaak macrumors regular

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to use the dark stock keyboard all of the time. I have seen it pop up from time to time, but I can't figure out how to make it the default keyboard.

Thanks

2. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I'm pretty sure they just put it wherever it's suitable.
    Sorry for letting you down

3. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

Dark stock keyboard

Install swype, it has a dark keyboard...
    Free themes including in the paid app:
    [​IMG]

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

5. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Using the dark keyboard everywhere was a feature in the earlier 7.1 betas, but they removed it, unfortunately. I was actually pumped for that option, even though it is quite a small thing, but still. And I like the stock keyboard, just want a dark one, don't want to use a third party keyboard.

6. usmaak thread starter macrumors regular

I tried a few of the second party keyboards, and they all suck for one reason or another. There was one, themeboard, that I thought was OK. The only problems with it were the spacebar sometimes not working and not being able to type a question mark without going to the number keyboard. I really like the dark keyboard that comes with iOS. Too bad I can't use it all of the time.

7. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

I just looked it up (you could too) and I confirmed that the only way is to jailbreak and install a tweak named Board. http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2kz8j3/bloard_blackdark_keyboard_works_on_ios_8/

8. macduke Suspended

macduke

Haha I remember when that showed up. I was like "FINALLY!" But then they took it away. It's my hope that iOS 9 will have a real light/dark mode and that the light/dark mode in 10.11 will be system-wide.

Is it possible for a developer to just take the default keyboard, skin it dark, and then post that as a custom keyboard? Like exactly the same. Although then you lose predictive text—which I don't use very often anyway. Also custom keyboards are kinda glitchy.

9. Bako-MacAddict, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Jailbreak and download BLOARD , that's what use in all my devices : )

Coloryourboard is always another alternative to customize it at any color you want . It's awesome !