darkened/greyed out icons anybody?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

have been discussing this on another thread about the update on iP4, but wondered if it's only happening on that phone or whether any of you on the 4s and 5/5s have experienced the same

Illustrated below, so you can see what we've been talking about.

Calendar hasn't been opened today since the phone was switched on this morning, but appeared later on in the day... So as far as I can tell, there's no logical reason for it. Yesterday it was the Music icon and tomorrow or later it will be something else. Am I missing something and it's trying to tell us something or is this just another bug, one of many on the iPhone 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FYI.. the staff in the Apple store are well aware it's a bad idea to update the '4' with iOS7, and advised me against it. But I'd already done it...

2. clumsyalex macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 on ios7 as well, but I haven't seen this happen on my phone. I kind of regret going to ios7, as it definitely does run a bit slow on the ip4.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Apple know it as well. The update appears to be good on the 4s and up but not the 4. Would've been nice to be able to go back to 6 somehow.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Try resetting all settings and also doing a hard reset as well. If that doesn't work then restoring via iTunes will.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think it will make much difference on the '4'. All owners have reported it as being a slower operating system than their previous one. If anything it's pushing me into getting the 5S sooner than needed.

6. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Saw this happen once on a non-stock app. I have an iPhone 5. Was very brief, fixed by launching into app and closing it.

7. Blau macrumors member

How strange, I had never seen this before until last night, on my ip4, the message app was greyed as if I was touching it. I didn't think much of it but later when I unlocked my phone again it was still greyed. Opening the app fixed it. So far it's been the only time I've ever experienced it since running the GM.

8. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

It's no biggie but it has happened every day on different apps. I wondered initially if it was supposed to and it's telling us something. But it oes just look like its a bug.

9. Blau macrumors member

Happened again this morning. Strange!

Attached Files: