DarkSky App complications showing no data, anyone else having issues?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SRLMJ23, Sep 29, 2017.

1. SRLMJ23 Contributor

SRLMJ23

Anyone else having an issue with the DarkSky app not posting any data using its complications? I have tried everything, putting the watch into Airplane mode, then back on and same with my iPhone! I restarted the Apple Watch (Series 3 LTE) and then restarted my iPhone 7 Plus, which used to fix it on my old S0. The app is installed on my S3. I can actually go into the app and it displays the data on both watch and iPhone. I am a little puzzled here. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:apple:

2. mzanker macrumors regular

Is the complication just showing the Dark Sky icon? I get this after the watch has been rebooted but it always changes to the current temperature after around 5 minutes or so.

Have you tried uninstalling Dark Sky from your iPhone, then making sure it has also uninstalled from the watch, then rebooting both, followed by re-installing Dark Sky?

3. ericg301 macrumors 65816

Dark sky has really fallen behind as an app, IMO. I switched to Carrot recently and haven’t looked back.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

I’ve had a lot of trouble lately with the Dark Sky Complication only showing the icon and sometimes it eventually shows the temp and sometimes it never shows. Since I also have carrot, it is usually my choice anyway. Dark Sky is good on the utility watch face because carrot is too small. I gave up on Dark Sky on the watch.

5. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Try re-installing on phone and then watch. No issues here.

6. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

Had the same issue.

1. Uninstall from watch
    2. Uninstall from phone
    3. Reinstall on both
    4. Make sure background app refresh is on for dark sky on both phone and app.
    5. On the phone make sure dark sky location is set to always. Don't worry, it's not using GPS 24/7
    6. Add the complication to your chosen watch face VIA THE WATCH not using the app.
    7. Reboot phone and watch for good measure.

7. SRLMJ23 thread starter Contributor

SRLMJ23

Woke up this morning, put the watch on and magically it was working. Do not know why it did what it, but I'm glad it fixed itself. Thanks to all who posted, really appreciate it!

:apple:

8. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

I've had some similar problems after WatchOS updates on occasion. It has always self-corrected after a period of time (by the next morning for sure).