Darksky app for Watch s4 doesn't show the set location!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by shankar2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. shankar2 macrumors 6502a

Hi so I have darksky app for my s4 watch. I've set the location (not the current) to another city in the iphone app.

However in the watch app the location always switches to current location. In the watch app is there anyway to set location preferences? I don't see any settings in the watch darksky app.

Please advise. Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Jun 8, 2019 ---
    Also the complication on the face of the s4 watch shows the right temperature data of my set location. However when I tap on the complication icon on the face, the data always switches to the current location. Could anyone help please? Thanks!

2. shankar2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

4. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

shankar2 - I (and others, I could not find the other thread) had this same issue with Carrot, but the concept should
    be the same. What you need to do is go to your iPhone Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and set location
    access to Never for Darksky. Once that is done, Darksky will always open to the last location you set it to.

5. shankar2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I'll try and revert back. Altho I recall I did try the "never" option but it complains about location services off I think.

6. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

It should only complain once...

7. shankar2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope the watch app keeps asking for current location and I’ve turned off location services in the darksky app in ios. So it’s a bug

8. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

Ok, thanks for the update.

9. nikkisharif macrumors member

I use Dark Sky but I like that it shows my current location. Never thought to have it show something else. Wish I could help