iPad mini Darn you, Apple!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jman13, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

So, I had no desire to upgrade my first gen mini. None, really. Then I made the mistake of looking at a retina mini.

Long story short, I'm typing this on my new space gray 32 GB retina mini. I can get $170 for my first gen mini on Gazelle, so it will defray the cost a bit. Looking at magazines in Zinio on the retina mini was the clincher. Wow.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Same thing happened to me with my 3rd gen. I went in to the store and looked at the Air, once I felt how light and thin it was I was sold. :)

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep, if you have the eyesight for it the ability to legibly render very small text is a clincher. I'd considered picking up a cheap Mini1 for a portable option, but then compared one side by side with the rMini. I shoulda known better. :)

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Hey, try this, and then you will be really pissed.

Compare it with the new Ipad Air. Many have been "forced" into moving to that. LOL!

5. hawon macrumors member

I tried and walked home with rMini

6. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I did the same. It was definitely a splurge, the original mini was working find; but I use it extensively for reading pdfs, and the sharper screen is wonderful for that.

What surprises me is not only does the screen look sharper, but it looks brighter as well, and videos look nicer, more vibrant on it. I'm beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with my original mini I wasn't aware of.