Darn you Retina Screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacAttackMark, Jun 27, 2013.

  1. MacAttackMark macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2013
    #1
    So I thought I've finally made up my mind on getting a 2013 Air, but it's been a while since I've used either laptop so I went over to my friends house as they both have the model I wanted (well 2012 air, but screen resolution and weight are the same for the new air right?)

    So I've finally realized why the retina get's so much hype for it's screen. In comparison to my current insipron and his sister's air, it's a no brainier.

    So I'm stuck at crossroads again I really wouldn't mind opting for a higher screen, but the battery life on air is the main thing that's so enticing.
    I didn't really feel any weight difference so the portability on the air isn't really a huge thing.

    I was hoping to get a laptop by mid July to get use to it as I start classes yet again in mid August. Is it worth waiting in hopes for a retina refresh? Or should I go for either the air or old retina?
    This will be a long term and main~
     
  2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    #2
    The updated 13" rMBP should have better battery life (it's moving from a 35W to a 28W CPU) and better graphics (HD 4000 to HD5100 Iris). I doubt battery life will be as high as on the Air but some improvement is likely.

    If you can wait then that's probably a good idea, or you could get a pretty good deal right now on a 2012 13" retina from Apple's refurbished section or MacMall and deal with the slightly lower battery life.
     
  3. MacAttackMark thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2013
    #3
    I'm really considering waiting at this point, though we have no idea when the refresh retina would come out, which is pain. The latest I could weight is till the end of July. As long as it can last at least 7 hours that would be great for me, apple promises 7 hour battery life on their current retina's, but I doubt I could get it to even make 6 hours with my uses.
     
  4. gt94 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2013
    #4
    I am kind of in the same position as you. I'm waiting for the BTS sale to see if the new rMBP will be released alongside it. If not, I'll probably go for the air.
     
  5. MacAttackMark thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2013
    #5
    haha I'm in the same boat, I'm really hoping that the BTS will still happen and that's why I haven't sprung for an air, but June is almost over... and still no promo. I'm starting to think that it's not gonna happen this year.
     

Share This Page