Darwine

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
California
Alright, I'm new to Mac and Unix. I want to install Darwine so I can run one of my favorite games, but I can't get past installation. I downloaded the most recent build of Darwine (for Leopard) from this website, and then I looked up how to install. Everywhere I go I find references to a package that I just click on to install, but there's no package in the dmg file!

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this, but I don't know enough to be able to find it.

Help me! (Please?)

Thanks,
Alex

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... I downloaded the most recent build of Darwine (for Leopard) from this website, and then I looked up how to install. Everywhere I go I find references to a package that I just click on to install, but there's no package in the dmg file!

There is a bundle, Wine.bundle, within the .dmg file. Why don't you drag the contents of the .dmg file to your Applications folder and try going from there?

Comment

NoOneButMe

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2006
Drag the entire Darwine folder over to /Applications :)

Wine.bundle looks like it contains the contents of Wine itself. And WineHelper is acting as a launcher so you can double click a .exe to run it instead of using the terminal. In the sample apps at least keep winecfg (Useful for configuring programs individually in wine) and regedit (Wine uses a fake registry for configuration). The readme is blank though - you can delete that.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.