Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Hey folks!

It seems that the factories in China have all moved to this goopy, sticky suction cup design.

I have a travel trailer with a wi-fi backup camera. It pairs to an iOS device to use as a display. I'm planning to use my iPad Mini 6 when it arrives.

The thing is I don't want that mount, or the iPad, in my truck when I'm not towing the RV. Which is most of the time.

What's a good mount that's simple, and easy to remove (no sticky/goopy suction cup that leaves behind junk after baking in the sun), and would work well?

Because of how I'm setup, I definitely want dashboard or windshield mounting.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Cup holder mount. Easy in and out. You can also customize it with a long neck extension.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Cup holder mount. Easy in and out. You can also customize it with a long neck extension.
Sure but then the cup holder mount doesn’t accomplish the dash/window mount goal. I really am looking for something that’s easily removable, and installs on the dash or windshield. There’s TONS of stuff out there I was just hoping to figure out how to separate the wheat from the chaffe in the world of these accessories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.