Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone else noticed that if you press Shift and F12 for dash - it loads really slowly ? I noticed this ages ago but thought by the time we got to 10.4.10 it would have been fixed in an update by now.

Edit. seems to effect all of expose as well.

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
It works with minimizing windows to the dock and expanding them, too. Jobs showed this off during a keynote. It is, in fact, a feature.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

LOL! Like windows crashing ;) :D

Seriously though - that had crossed my mind but I kinda talked myself out of it when I asked what the heck purpose could making expose and dash go in slowmo actually serve ?

If it is a feature - they should dump it.

It works with minimizing windows to the dock and expanding them, too. Jobs showed this off during a keynote. It is, in fact, a feature.

Are you serious ? OMG it has to be the crappest feature ever. Hey here's a feature to make your computer look like its struggling to operate normally and is about to pack in. LOL..

thuff13

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
It is there to show off the animation. If you don't like it don't use it. Since when was it a problem to include too many features? Is someone forcing you to press the shift key?

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
that's why normal speed is F12 and the show-off slow-motion is F12 + Shift and not the other way around:)

.vin.

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
Another cool trick, while you're at it, is ctrl+option+command+8
Then if you're really bored, hold down shift once your colors are reversed, and watch the slow-moving reversed-color Apple coolness =D

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
LOL! Like windows crashing ;) :D

Seriously though - that had crossed my mind but I kinda talked myself out of it when I asked what the heck purpose could making expose and dash go in slowmo actually serve ?

If it is a feature - they should dump it.

Are you serious ? OMG it has to be the crappest feature ever. Hey here's a feature to make your computer look like its struggling to operate normally and is about to pack in. LOL..

It pisses me off too! It really interferes when leave my beer on the shift key and I'm typing one-handed.

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Another cool trick, while you're at it, is ctrl+option+command+8
Then if you're really bored, hold down shift once your colors are reversed, and watch the slow-moving reversed-color Apple coolness =D

Hm, holding shift while doing that, either to get out or into the reversed colors, didn't work... it only worked with no shift.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.