Dashboard does not work right.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FussGus, Sep 19, 2007.

1. FussGus macrumors newbie

When I installed the new mac keyboard software my dashboard stopped working right. I cannot use the manager, it is always open and cannot be closed. It has 2 non-widgets with the names "one more is four" and "overflow text case, it should overflow." The weather widget closes after it opens. Every time I open up a widget no matter how many times I have used it prior it tells me that this is the first time I have used it and if I am sure that I want to use it or not. If I accept they all take a while to open.

Can anyone help me?

2. awolfeii macrumors newbie

I just encountered the goofy widgets myself (10 months later, Leopard)

computer has been running a few days, sleeping, waking, disconnecting, reconnecting.

I got EXACTLY the same non-widgets in the 'manage widgets' box, along with "Address Book" widget enabled (which I don't use), and "Calculator" with wrong icon. No other widgets are shown, not even the dozen or so that are displayed right next to it!

3. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

My roommate had this issue and we solved it by removing the entries for those two widgets in the file:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/Widgets.wdgt/WidgetManager.js

Dock.app and Widgets.wdgt are packages, so if you try to get to them with the Finder, you need to open the packages.

The file is also protected so you need admin access to modify it. I found it easiest to use Terminal and "sudo pico" to modify the file.