Dashboard in Snow Leopard (More like Yahoo? or Windows?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cecoleman, Jun 27, 2009.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

Prior to being a Mac Convert, I used to use Yahoo Widgets to keep the weather and sports headlines on my desktop at all times. I've always thought Apple has been behind on allowing these to remain on the desktop such as Windows and/or Yahoo Widgets. I've done the trick that allows you to disconnect them from the Dashboard but this is annoying because they sit in front of every window. SO... out of curiosity anyone know whether or not in Snow Leopard will alter the dashboard settings to allow widgets to remain on the desktop without being on top of everything?

I'm half tempted to just go ahead install Yahoo Widgets, but I don't want to use more memory for these when Dashboard is always running and I have some widgets there that I do rely on.

Penny for ones thoughts....

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

When you login, it doesn't start dashboard until you open it the first time. If you change F12 or F4 to Yahoo! instead of dashboard, and switch the dock icons, you can't tell the difference!

3. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Using a MacBook Pro, I'm glad to have Dashboard's approach. I don't have space on a 15" screen for ever-present widgets.