Dashboard is now HP Printer

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gemmaphant, Jul 25, 2011.

1. gemmaphant macrumors newbie

Hi there everyone :)

I am a new Apple user and very happy to have FINALLY made the switch from PC. I hope someone can please help me.

I clicked on my Dashboard today to display all the widgets to use the calculator, and for some reason, my HP printer came up. I downloaded the software for this about a week ago, but, have no idea why it's assigned itself to my Dashboard icon.

How do I restore it back to how it was please?

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

gemmaphant

2. Squicken macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

To get rid of the widget? Click the + in the bottom left corner in Dashboard and an X should pop up on the widget that you can click to delete it.

3. gemmaphant thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey there Squicken

Thank you for your help. No, I don't want to get rid of the little speedo out of my dock, I just don't know why now when I click on it, the software for my HP printer comes up. Before I got a calculator, the weather and all that. Something happened when I downloaded the software from HP for my printer. Sorry if I didn't explain it right the first time :)

4. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

HP probably went and installed its own widget (or you didn't uncheck something that says they were going to do it). I have it installed on mine and it displays ink levels and such.

Maybe you need to manually re-add the widgets you want. In which case, hit the plus sign and bring the ones you want back on the dashboard.

5. gemmaphant thread starter macrumors newbie