dashboard keeps popping up randomly

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CultHero, Oct 1, 2012.

1. CultHero macrumors 6502

I have 10.7.5 installed on my 20 inch intel imac and the dashboard keeps popping up randomly. Incredibly annoying. I have searched for any dashboard prefernces but cannot seem to find any in my pref folder, I have run disc utility and restarted several times. Changed the batteries in my mouse and turned off hot corners. Problem still persists. VERY frustrating.

Any suggestions?

2. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone, this is driving me crazy. Making my mac tough to use.

3. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Possibly dumb, but have you tried cleaning your keyboard, is there something that could be causing the dashboard key to register a depress?

4. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the suggestion, but is completely random. Can happen when nothing is being touched or when it is being used. May do it ten times in a row, may not do it for 5 minutes.

5. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Make 100% sure that here are no shortcuts set for dashboard and see what happens. My old mighty mouse used to have very sensitive 'squeeze' buttons, and would always be accidently launching the dashboard.

Otherwise, some sort of software you have installed may be triggering it. Have you got any special dashboard widgets? Or any app that you that can interact with the dashboard or a widget?

6. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I have turned off all access to it from hot corners, keyboard or mouse and will see what happens. It just started after the 10.7.5 update.

Next step will be resetting PRAM etc.