Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karlsilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Any idea how I can put the dashboard app back into my dock on 10.5.5?

Seem to be missing it on my dock and it is definately not in my Application folders, not in Utilities, tried 'Show Package Content' option in System>Library>CoreServices>Dock but to no avail.

Googled and come up with results that said I would find it in Applications but nothing so far..

anyone?

karlsilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Still works when I use the keyboard shortcut funny enough. Must have accidentally removed it from the dock during my cleanup last night.

Finder only comes up with Icon replacements for it.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Still works when I use the keyboard shortcut funny enough. Must have accidentally removed it from the dock during my cleanup last night.

Finder only comes up with Icon replacements for it.

No. The app in your app folder isn't the dashboard application. It just points to it and tells it to open. The actual dashboard itself is part of the dock application. If it's been deleted from your Application folder then the only way to get back that 'alias' (it's not a real alias) is to get it from another computer or reinstall.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
if you deleted it heres the Dashboard application from my 10.5.5 system. its just a small application that launches the interface like Exposé, Front Row and Spaces.

just unzip the attachement and place Dashboard.app into your Applications folder then place that into your Dock.

Attachments

• Dashboard.zip
    99.8 KB · Views: 888

karlsilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
if you deleted it heres the Dashboard application from my 10.5.5 system. its just a small application that launches the interface like Exposé, Front Row and Spaces.

just unzip the attachement and place Dashboard.app into your Applications folder then place that into your Dock.

Cheers guys! Thanks for that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.