Dashboard missing from dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by karlsilla, Oct 8, 2008.

1. karlsilla macrumors newbie

Any idea how I can put the dashboard app back into my dock on 10.5.5?

Seem to be missing it on my dock and it is definately not in my Application folders, not in Utilities, tried 'Show Package Content' option in System>Library>CoreServices>Dock but to no avail.

Googled and come up with results that said I would find it in Applications but nothing so far..

anyone?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Sounds like you deleted it. It should be in your Applications folder.

3. karlsilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Still works when I use the keyboard shortcut funny enough. Must have accidentally removed it from the dock during my cleanup last night.

Finder only comes up with Icon replacements for it.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

No. The app in your app folder isn't the dashboard application. It just points to it and tells it to open. The actual dashboard itself is part of the dock application. If it's been deleted from your Application folder then the only way to get back that 'alias' (it's not a real alias) is to get it from another computer or reinstall.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you deleted it heres the Dashboard application from my 10.5.5 system. its just a small application that launches the interface like Exposé, Front Row and Spaces.

just unzip the attachement and place Dashboard.app into your Applications folder then place that into your Dock.

Attached Files:

6. karlsilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers guys! Thanks for that