Dashboard needs rejuvenating

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NewGenAdam, Feb 7, 2009.

1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

It's cool, and serves a bearable function, but it just seems a little dated.
    Not much is developed for it anymore, most of the available software is over a year old.

Perhaps good synchronising options, or a MobileMe interface would help.
    But it simply feels to me a little defunct.

Enlighten me if you have any interesting uses for it!

2. ASFx macrumors regular

I agree. It was a great novelty at first, but now all I have on my dashboard is istat pro and my printer ink monitor widget and I don't look at them much at all.

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I use Dashboard all the time when on Mac. Any improvements are welcome, of course. It's helpfulness depends very much on how you use it and which widgets you use.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I think dashboard widgets would be a great candidate to be sold through the app store. Give some commercial incentive to development quality widgets.

5. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

I rarely use it, I use it mainly for Stickies and the calculator (althouth Spotlight can now do math functions). Although, it's cool that you can export widgets to the desktop now.

Can't think of any improvement really. Maybe faster to load widgets after a reboot :)

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I still use dashboard, but I wouldn't mind seeing some improvements. Not sure what, though.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think people got a little too excited about it to begin with. It was always going to be of limited use, just the nature of it.

What it does, it does well. I check Dashboard every morning before I leave for work to see what the weather and transport situation is.