Dashboard not Launching?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TimJim, Mar 28, 2008.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Every time i launch my dashboard, it just goes into a non-loaded dashboard page. There is no activity. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Heres a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. iTim314 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about Dashboard? Your dock is running fine.

Dashboard often takes quite a while to start up, sometimes it takes forever.

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Not to worry if you made a mistake, we all make them. But, as stated above, that is not your dock. Please let us know.

4. TimJim thread starter macrumors 6502a

My bad, the dashboard. No it's not loading at all. There's no activity what so ever when i launch it. Im positive its not stuck loading.

5. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

When you go into your Dashboard there should be a huge + sign on the lower left corner. If it is there click on it and see if you can add another widget thingie to your Dashboard desktop. See if that unsticks what is stuck.

Else I have no idea. Good luck.

6. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

7. TimJim thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried restarting. And i've tried adding new widgets, they just don't load.

I don't want to reinstall the OS, but i also want me Dashboard back.

8. atluten macrumors 6502

Try Spotlighting for "com.apple.dashboard.plist" and move it to your desktop, restart the Finder, and try reinvoking Dashboard.

9. iTim314 macrumors 6502

You could also try resetting Dashboard without restarting. After looking into it, I figured out that Dashboard is actually an extension of the Dock application, so you weren't far off when you said your dock was stuck.

Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app) and type this in:

Code:
    KillAll Dock
    Remember, it's case sensitive. Now hit return, and try the Dashboard again; the dock will automatically restart.

If it's still not working, there may be a problem with one of your widgets, that's somehow preventing the rest of the widgets from starting up. Try removing all your widgets from the 'active' screen and put them back on from the Widget bar. See if one of them is causing the problems.

Check and see if that widget has an update.

10. JolieCat macrumors newbie

Stuck dashboard - Thank you iTim!

Oh bless you bless you bless you. My dashboard/dock has been stuck all week and it's been driving me nuts, telling me is March 14 at 10:30 when I was pretty sure we had moved past that. I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm.

This forum is the BEST. Thanks again.

Jo