Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
I make good use of dashboard. I use the calculator and unit conversion tools every day. I also have the TV program and my internet usage tracker displayed always. These are the only four widgets I have on my dashboard 90% of the time.

Over the past year I've noticed the dash becoming slower and slower. Earlier this year I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Tiger hoping this might help (and help boost the computer in general) and while I have seen many improvements, dashboard keeps feeling slower and slower.

E.g. I want to do a simple sum in the calculator. I use a hot corner to activate the dashboard and the calculator is unresponsive for 5-20 seconds, same goes for the unit conversion widget. When I do this many times a day I find it frustrating and that it slows my workflow down. I've taken to my handheld calculator again but would prefer to use dashboard for ease of use.

I'm running a MBP 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory and Mac OS X 10.6.4 if that helps.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Delete Macintosh HD / Users / abc123 (YOU) / Library / Preferences / com.apple.dashboard.plist to reset Dashboard and add your widgets again.
You can also use Spotlight to make simple calculations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.