Dashboard painfully slow?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by abc123, Sep 27, 2010.

1. abc123 macrumors 6502

I make good use of dashboard. I use the calculator and unit conversion tools every day. I also have the TV program and my internet usage tracker displayed always. These are the only four widgets I have on my dashboard 90% of the time.

Over the past year I've noticed the dash becoming slower and slower. Earlier this year I upgraded to Snow Leopard from Tiger hoping this might help (and help boost the computer in general) and while I have seen many improvements, dashboard keeps feeling slower and slower.

E.g. I want to do a simple sum in the calculator. I use a hot corner to activate the dashboard and the calculator is unresponsive for 5-20 seconds, same goes for the unit conversion widget. When I do this many times a day I find it frustrating and that it slows my workflow down. I've taken to my handheld calculator again but would prefer to use dashboard for ease of use.

I'm running a MBP 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory and Mac OS X 10.6.4 if that helps.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Delete Macintosh HD / Users / abc123 (YOU) / Library / Preferences / com.apple.dashboard.plist to reset Dashboard and add your widgets again.
    You can also use Spotlight to make simple calculations.