Dashboard & Widgets Disappear

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Catch Them, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Catch Them macrumors regular

(im hoping this is the right forum for this)

however recently ive been discovering trying to access my dashboard for on the fly notes and weather, flight and movielistings, however within the past month they start randomly disappearing.

i have the 4 default plus stickies plus the flight tracker and the movies one ( all built in) and when i try to re add them they show up for a split second and then disappear again.

This is a August 2007 MacBookPro 2.2Ghz 2gig ram 8600 running Tiger 10.4.10
    no external display or peripherals other than a mightymouse and hte poweradapter.

i have 3 user accounts on the system, The main admin one (which never is used, and is preserved), My Standard non-admin account (having the issue) and a family account for everyone to use and access (Standard, non-admin)

it only appears to happen on my account alone.

any tips on this, ive read and searched but didnt find a complete solution
    no other issues seem apparent except this.

hm..thanks!

2. karabin macrumors newbie

What do you mean by 'disappear'. (From Dock? Try to find Dashboard in Applications folder)

3. chakramspice macrumors newbie

I also have this problem, and can't figure out the cause. I have the weather widget set to display in my dashboard. Sometimes the widget moves around, disappears partially offscreen, or disappears entirely. None of my other widgets move or disappear. I'm re-adding it to the dashboard almost every day. I can't correlate it with any of my actions, including plugging and unplugging in an external monitor, running fusion, putting the computer to sleep, or running any specific program. I'd love to know what's going on and what the solution is!

4. dwight01 macrumors newbie

Widgets Disappear

Yesterday I added about 5 updates to my iMac - OSX update, iTunes, etc.
    Today, a number of my dashboard widgets are gone. Specifically, so far I know that about 4 "stickies" are totally gone, and they contained stuff I really needed. Also a "to-do" widget that is about 6 months old and long-deleted, has magically (and annoyingly) re-surfaced. Any idea whats going on?

5. crayonshin macrumors member

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I recently did a fresh Leopard install with all of the updates on my MBP. I only have 6 widgets, all stock. The Unit Converter widget keeps randomly disappearing. The other ones are fine. No idea what's going on. I tried deleting the widget's plist file and repaired permissions. I really hate these kind of intermittent bugs, so hard to track down!

6. innerjay macrumors newbie

Widgets disappear

I have the same problem of disappearing widgets on a new MacBookPro running OS 10.5.6. My calendar vanished. I can't find the standard Apple dashboard calendar to reinstall, only specialized calendars, like home games schedule for football teams. Eeek!

where do I find the standard set of 14(?) widgets that come with OS10.5,
    and how do I reinstall them so they stay put?

There are several posts here about disappearing widgets, did anyone figure out why it happens or how to fix the problem?

Thanks! happy holidays!

7. navil macrumors newbie

My weather widget keeps disappearing too. I used to ignore it at first and then just add a new one. It disappears again soon after. Then all of a sudden, one day I open my dashboard and see 5-6 copies of the weather widget - all the missing ones I presume :confused: This has happened only twice so far!

I seem to be having this problem only with the weather widget.

8. tres3k macrumors newbie

me too

the pesky Weather widget doesn't want to stay put.

I've OS 10.5.8 - everything's up to date.

9. skura macrumors newbie

dashboard disappearances

My calendar has disappeared too. (It's not in myWidgets folder in the Library either. Did I miss an earlier posted answer to this problem? Thanks.

10. ox4dboy macrumors newbie

I also had this happen. The "com.apple.dashboard.plist" file has vaporized too - it's just gone. Some widgets that used to be there can be re-added, but all data has been lost.

Some widgets can be readded, but they no longer work or connect. It happened out of the blue - I though they were simply appearing off of the screen b/c I use dual monitors, but that doesn't appear to be the case.