Dashboard would not keep my preferences?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SpaceJello, Sep 19, 2007.

1. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I am having problems with dashboard, i think it happens everytime i restart the computer or possibly even logout.

It won't keep the preferences i set for manage widgets widget. The widgets I deselected from the dashboard (ie. ski report) comes back everytime onto the dashboard selection. which is annoying :(

is there a reason why this is happening?

2. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

So let me get this straight... the Ski Report widget isn't actually on the dashboard, it's just available in case you wanted it on the dashboard, like at the bottom bar when you click the plus sign? Or is it that the Ski Report widget is actually showing up every time you go into the dashboard? If it is the first, then this is because Ski Report is a default widget. If you've downloaded other widgets, you should see a red minus sign to the right of it when you open the Manage Widgets widget. Clicking that will uninstall the widget. If it is the latter, then the solution might be a little more involved and I'm not even sure if that's what you problem is. :)

3. SpaceJello thread starter macrumors 6502

It's when I click on the + sign to bring up the dashboard widgets bar, widgets that i have deselected in the widgets manager shows up after each restart. So for some reasons my preference isn't being saved?

4. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

This is because ski report is an included widget. If you really hate it that bad, you can navigate to /Library/Widgets and drag it to the trash from there. The widget doesn't run if it's sitting in that bottom bar. The only time that it might be affecting you at all is if you actually had the widget open in the dashboard.