dashboard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mattsajay, Jul 15, 2007.

1. mattsajay macrumors member

the clock in my dashboard seems to give erroneous timings. how do you set that right>

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

When you drag your mouse to the lower right of the clock you will see an "i", that will let you set it.

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

This might sound odd, but enter the zip code and not the city you live in. for some reason the clock chose some other philadelphia in the world that has a different time zone as its logical conclusion for philadelphia, PA. I entered my zip and the problem was solved

4. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

clicking on the "i" gives me a list of cities. but setting it to the correct city also gives the wrong time! weird huh?

how do i type in the zipcode. all i get is a list of cities!

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try clicking on the "+" in the lower right of the dashboard screen and then click the "x" on the clock to close it and then open it again from the list of widgets on the bottom of the screen.

6. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

nope doest help. i am in los angeles. its 1212 am now. my widget shows 1012 pm!!!!

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you tried setting it to a city that is two hours ahead and see if that fixes it?

8. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Go into System Preferences -> Date & Time

Make your changes there.

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Do you have the correct time zone set in System Preferences? If you have the wrong time zone selected (and then have set the correct time manually), the widget thinks you're somewhere else and calculates the times incorrectly. For instance, the fact that it says the time in LA is two hours earlier than it actually is suggests that your time zone may be set to Central Daylight Time.

10. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

ok. that was the trouble the default timing on my machine was set to chicago! problem solved. thats a bunch!