dashboard

mattsajay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
the clock in my dashboard seems to give erroneous timings. how do you set that right>

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
This might sound odd, but enter the zip code and not the city you live in. for some reason the clock chose some other philadelphia in the world that has a different time zone as its logical conclusion for philadelphia, PA. I entered my zip and the problem was solved

mattsajay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
clicking on the "i" gives me a list of cities. but setting it to the correct city also gives the wrong time! weird huh?

how do i type in the zipcode. all i get is a list of cities!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
clicking on the "i" gives me a list of cities. but setting it to the correct city also gives the wrong time! weird huh?

how do i type in the zipcode. all i get is a list of cities!
Try clicking on the "+" in the lower right of the dashboard screen and then click the "x" on the clock to close it and then open it again from the list of widgets on the bottom of the screen.

mattsajay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
nope doest help. i am in los angeles. its 1212 am now. my widget shows 1012 pm!!!!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Do you have the correct time zone set in System Preferences? If you have the wrong time zone selected (and then have set the correct time manually), the widget thinks you're somewhere else and calculates the times incorrectly. For instance, the fact that it says the time in LA is two hours earlier than it actually is suggests that your time zone may be set to Central Daylight Time.

mattsajay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
ok. that was the trouble the default timing on my machine was set to chicago! problem solved. thats a bunch!