dashcode data input

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gothlampy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. gothlampy macrumors newbie

I am trying to build my first widget using dashcode.

The premise is that there are 3 text fields all correspond to a manufacturer of parts, all 3 manufacturers make the same parts but all 3 have different 3 digit codes for the same part. I have built the widget itself, but wonder how to program it so that if i enter a 3 digit code into one of the fields it will give me the corresponding codes for the other 2 manufacturers in the other 2 fields.

please help.

thank you

2. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

Need more input Stephanie....

If there are multiple sets of part #s coded into it you might want to look into something more complex than a widget. Sounds to me like database table relationships and nasty stuff like that.

3. gothlampy thread starter macrumors newbie

i thought of that

Yes, i could do this with another app. but really wanted to make this a widget, but it will involve relationship tables, that is pretty much the basis of the whole thing, i was wondering how i would build those tables into the widget.

4. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

Well, if you must you must. I've seen widgets that obviously use data from tables/relationships but I have no idea how to code that either.
    You might want to browse some other forums, more focus on code.
    Some of the other forums have a larger user-base that you can bounce your question off of.
    Good luck to you!

5. gothlampy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Any idea of what these forums you speak of may be called?

thanks

6. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502