Dashcode on Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iJC-1976, Sep 25, 2013.

1. iJC-1976 macrumors member

iJC-1976

Has anyone been able to get Dashcode 3.0.5 working on Mavericks? I get the following error message when I try to launch it: "You can't use this version of the application "Dashcode.app" with this version of OS X" I have no idea how to get it to work. :confused:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

contact whoever makes the app - they should have an updated version.

3. iJC-1976, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Thanks, but that really doesn't help me. Dashcode is or was part of Xcode so it's an Apple product. Normally you can download a new version od Dashcode when you update to the newest version of Xcode. I Tried to do this but the newest version 3.0.5 doesn't work with Mavericks. I was wondering if anyone knows of any tweaks I could use to get it working. I did discover that I can run it using terminal but that isn't really how I would prefer to have to launch it every time I want to code a widget or web app.

4. iJC-1976 thread starter macrumors member

iJC-1976

Still trying to get help here.....

So like I said before I can get Dashcode to run through Terminal but I would rather have it run normally with iOS 7 graphics to choose from but it's not a deal breaker if we can't do that. I'd settle for the app to just let me launch it. Anyway, I get this error message when I launch it with Terminal:

2013-09-26 15:58:36.256 Dashcode[2073:507] *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:eek:peration:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:eek:peration:fraction:] instead.

Does this mean anything to anyone on here?

5. Todd328 macrumors newbie

Same here...

Yes. I'm getting the same message. Has Apple not released an updated version of Dashcode for Mavericks yet? Will they ever???

6. md11 macrumors member

Still nothing.
    By the way I'm stuck with signing widgets to pass gatekeeper. Are you able to do this?