Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InfoTech11

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Hello guys.

I have been looking crazily for this.. My web app is mobile.infotechelite.com

And I want to have some type of "loading" or preloader on it so people know its loading. Once you add the button to your homescreen, you cant tell if it is loading or not, except by the tiny loading roller on top by the WiFi signal.

Anyway to do this via Javascript, CSS, and HTML?

I tried adding in PHP to the index.html file, but for some reason Dashcode didn't like it at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you guys once again.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Generally you just take an animated gif throw it in before loading starts, then once everything is up, you remove the image. I haven't messed with dashcode, but it should still be the same basic idea.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
InfoTech11, even though Dashcode uses Javascript as part of its framework, this forum isn't the best place for specific integration into Dashcode. You might want to post in the most appropriate Mac App forums on here as well. For those reading this, Dashcode is a tool built into Leopard used to create the Dashboard widgets in Mac OS X.

In terms of Javascript/CSS in general, here's a great way to add a pre-loading message for an entire web page, hope it helps you. How to integrate it into Dash, not a clue. The only advice we can give in this forum is how it works on a web page.

-jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.