Data block for iPad micro sim cutters

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by goldmoth, Nov 23, 2010.

1. goldmoth macrumors newbie

lo, I just wanted to see if anyone else knew about AT&T blocking data access for customers that modified their iphone sim cards and use them in ipads. They blocked my Internet and told me the block would last until the 16th of December unless I said I wouldn't use it in my iPad. I haven't found anything in the TOS that says it is illegal or breaking my contract by doing this. I asked for the request in writing and they said they would email the request and the portion of the TOS that says this, but I have received nothing in the email. They credited my account for the 2days they blocked me. I am sure I am not the only one this has happened to so it would be great to hear other customers experiences with this problem.

2. COSWORTH macrumors regular

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes they can.

4. goldmoth thread starter macrumors newbie

probably not worth the fight...

I do realize that this may be a futile fight with them, but I am operating on their "system". I didn't modify my equipment to operate on another carrier. As far as I can see I haven't violated anything in here. Points for finding the part of the contract that covers this though. The CSR supervisor sure couldn't.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The SIM card is consider "equipment" as far as the Agreement goes, Cutting = Modifying it factory shape.

Also, it clearly read that the plan for the smatphone cannot be use for any other device "may not be used with other devices, including but not limited to, personal computers, PC Data Cards and the like"

You in fact have violated the agreement several times.

However they don't fight this much, they are just trying to keep "casual" jailbreakers and user to get out of bounds

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

That really blows, I have been swapping my iPad sim into my 3GS now and again.

I guess if they start complaining to me I go straight to tmobile, but I am sure they don't care a bit about losing customers.