data charged on tmobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

so i look under cellular data when i surf the net and i see im sending and receiving. I have VPN: not connected.

Im running on tmobile right now with no data, am i gettinc charged or am i looking at it wrong?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it counting your wifi usage maybe?
    Did you get any carrier data charges on your bill?

3. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

it might be wifi usage but im not sure, you guys know better than i do.

well i just got my iphone 4 a few days ago so wont know til the bill comes in this month.

4. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

These phones (iphone and other smart phones) transmit data back and forth to apple/t-mobile/at&t automatically.

I don't know if there is a way to disable them from doing so

5. darkside flow macrumors 6502

WIFI isn't counted in the usage statistics, so yes, you are incurring data charges as we speak. If you don't want to buy a data plan, you need a data block on your account.

6. vachargerfan macrumors regular

You sure about that? I just reset everything on my phone 7 days ago. My total billing usage for AT&T is 438 MB, but my usage on the phone is 1.4 GB

*edit* Just checked and that is right. I did a quick 5 min Netflix stream over WIFI and didn't get any new usage

7. Orion126 macrumors regular

I believe with TMO it's either you have data or you don't. I unlocked my old 3G and gave it to my sister who is on TMO and was given a free month of data. Call customer care and ask otherwise you can be hit with a $30 fee for data after a month.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yeah that's data from T-mobile, if you surf the net, emails arrive, etc w/out wifi being on, it means that you are using the EDGE data network from them to get the specific access.

9. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

well i added data blocker and i guess its working since the numbers havent gone up