Data charges for domestic roaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stankonia, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Stankonia macrumors regular

Hey guys, I will be switching over to AT&T next week when the new iPhone comes out, but since I make a lot of road trips I was just wondering if there are additional charges for data use while roaming in the US (or limits, such as getting charged if you go over X GBs while roaming, etc).

I have heard several stories of people getting massive bills for using the internet while traveling to other countries; do I need to watch out for this while traveling in the US?

I tried searching AT&T's site, but they seem to only refer to international roaming and domestic roaming on laptops, but don't mention iPhone internet use.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Nope, anywhere in the US is just like anywhere else for both data and voice.

3. Stankonia thread starter macrumors regular

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

You have the unlimited data plan if you are with AT&T and have an iPhone.

Later on this year, they might do a limited iPhone data plan. But, for now, those are only rumors.

Anywhere in the U.S you travel (As long as it's not in air[airplane]) you can use data/minutes.

If you go outside the country, make sure you turn your data off, or leave your cell phone off.