Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Data conscious Facetime alternative?

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I use Facetime a lot over LTE and the person I talk with it changing to an Android phone. As I understand it the data usage from Facetime isn't (that) bad.

I am worried should I switch to Skype or something similar the quality or the data usage will increase.

Anyone know of a good comparable alternative that's not going to blow out my data usage worse than it already is?

Thanks

MasterTick

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I use Facetime a lot over LTE and the person I talk with it changing to an Android phone. As I understand it the data usage from Facetime isn't (that) bad.

I am worried should I switch to Skype or something similar the quality or the data usage will increase.

Anyone know of a good comparable alternative that's not going to blow out my data usage worse than it already is?

Thanks

Hangouts

Comment

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania

Thanks

Yahoo! Messenger

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.