Data conscious Facetime alternative?

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I use Facetime a lot over LTE and the person I talk with it changing to an Android phone. As I understand it the data usage from Facetime isn't (that) bad.

I am worried should I switch to Skype or something similar the quality or the data usage will increase.

Anyone know of a good comparable alternative that's not going to blow out my data usage worse than it already is?

Thanks

MasterTick

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I use Facetime a lot over LTE and the person I talk with it changing to an Android phone. As I understand it the data usage from Facetime isn't (that) bad.

I am worried should I switch to Skype or something similar the quality or the data usage will increase.

Anyone know of a good comparable alternative that's not going to blow out my data usage worse than it already is?

Thanks
Hangouts

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania

Thanks
Yahoo! Messenger