Data Discrepancies between carrier and Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maricc, Jul 20, 2015.

1. maricc macrumors regular

I received a notice from my carrier that I've used 100% of my data for the month (5gb), however when looking at the Cellular Usage it only says 3.9 gb.

So my question is to those who have investigated this issue before, is it typically an issue with the carrier or the iPhone?

Any explanations would be appreciated

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm not sure of the exact reasoning why, but all phones have a small difference in their reported data usage vs the data usage that your carrier records. I've seen it on both iPhones and android phones, and I've seen it on several different carriers.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not 1.1gb difference.
    Did you reset the usage counter maybe a few days after your billing cycle started?

4. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

I reset it the same day.

5. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Can I ask what carrier you are on? I had a dispute with Verizon last week that prompted me to switch to AT&T.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Morning or night?
    Being off on resetting and not lining up with the carriers billing timing is the only thing that would explain it cause everything you use is listed there in settings.
    Your carrier wont show 1.1GB usage extra if you didnt really use it from your device.

7. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

I'll have to try again next month. I also downloaded an independent data tacking app

8. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

TELUS in Canada

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I've heard of people on both TELUS and Bell having overcharged bills before. I'm on Rogers and have had zero issues, I've been with them since 05. I would try and call supper and dispute it.