Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaiGywer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
So I have an iPod touch I usually sync to the Mac. However, I had some files on my PC I wanted to put on there, so I hooked it up to the Windows PC to transfer files. Now all the stuff that was there with the Mac only shows as "Other" in the summary, both on the PC and Mac, and the only file appearing is the movie I transferred from the PC. How do I get this back to how it was? Or am I screwed?

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
hmm, maybe its worth saying that you cna only sync to one library at a time. so you can't sync to your PC and YOUR MAC at the same time. only the mac or the pc. so what you cna do is transfer the movie to your mac using a ethernet cable or use a ext. HD and use that to move the movie over.

KaiGywer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Yeah I realize this in retrospect.. But it still doesn't explain to me how to make the 7gigs of "other" go back to movies and music..

KaiGywer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
But that erases everything, right? Including photos, that for some reason is separate, not under "other"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.