Data Hiccups normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estockme, Dec 9, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

Hi. I have an is-this-normal question:

What are general expectations for data on a [sprint] iphone? I haven't had dropped calls and my speeds usually come in at 2-500k, but I do have times where something just takes forever to load, like linking my facebook account to some app, updating my words with friends game, etc.

I've also been having some problems sending pictures:
    -friends on sprint or not might not get an sms pic
    -sending pic through imessage on wifi the progress bar stops at the end
    -unsuccessful posting a picture from photos to twitter

There have been times where I am waiting and waiting for an app to respond and then finally i just go into settings and quickly flip airplane mode on and off and then my 3g is back fine. Is this kind of behavior normal?

2. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

bump... is it normal for things to sort-of-break? every now and then? and your app that needs to connect to the internet won't load or something, but then you flip airplane mode on and off and it works again?

3. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Game sync iTunes progress

4. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

I went in a train tunnel in Chicago and on to roaming and now I am 5 min out and still not back on sprint. Is this an issue or what? If I flip to airplane and back it will probably fix itself... Ok now it is back. Wtf. Happened while in my way to the airplane switch. Am I being OC?