Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Do you guys think Apple will ever release Data Migration tool for iPads? I just did the wired version(iPhone to iPhone via Lightning to usb 3 camera adapter) and loved how simple and quick it was. I know you can use iCloud Backups but would love to see a wired iPad to iPad option too.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Do you guys think Apple will ever release Data Migration tool for iPads? I just did the wired version(iPhone to iPhone via Lightning to usb 3 camera adapter) and loved how simple and quick it was. I know you can use iCloud Backups but would love to see a wired iPad to iPad option too.
I'd love to see such an option too. It would make my life so much easier!

Reactions: 3rdiguy

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
It's been so long since I last bought an iPhone that I didn't even know this option existed.

Would certainly love to have it for the iPad. Recently setup a new iPad while I had no wi-fi and a direct iPad-to-iPad migration would've made it so much easier. Since that wasn't an option, I first had to waste over an hour trying to do an iCloud restore over LTE (hotspot) before eventually caving and starting from scratch, installing iTunes on the PC and doing an encrypted backup and restore.

Reactions: 3rdiguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.