Data Network Won't Work: San Diego

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rich101682, May 29, 2009.

1. rich101682 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G. Since about 6:30 local time, the 3G network won't work. I have 5 bars and the actual phone works, but it won't load any internet pages or update my e-mail. I switched over to Edge and no luck there either. Anyone else having this problem?

2. dstunbound macrumors member

I have the same exact problem in metro LA. My coworker is also experiencing the same thing.

God I hope AT&T gets all these data issues fixed soon. It's becoming such a headache.

3. cliffboley macrumors member

cliffboley

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

The past couple of morning I've gotten up to see "no service" I rebooted the
    phone and everything is back to normal ???

4. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

try restoing the iPhones network settings.

5. rich101682 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried shutting off 3G and switching it back on. Tried going into Airplane Mode and back. Turned off the phone and turned it back on. Nothing.

A coworker has an iPhone 3G too. Same problem. 5 bars, but no data.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that the weather is really crappy down here at all?

6. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

I had the same problem in NYC, I had to restore the networks setting on the iPhone. But then had the same problem until I took it to an AT&T store and the rep took my sim out (guess what my sim was fried.) so I gotten my sim replaced and now I have no problems with losing service or 3g.

7. dstunbound macrumors member

BOOM - thank you, that worked wonders

8. SMGreenfield macrumors member

SMGreenfield

No, this DOES seem to be some sort of system-wide issue. BOTH my wife's iPhone 3G and my iPhone 3G could dial out, but no data. Even the AT&T "MyWireless" app doesn't work. Although I could get my "wireless bill" through the Phone Settings panel.

Just spoke with iPhone support in Orange County. It appears there was a serious "system-wide" outage affecting Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. The tech I spoke with directed me to turn off my phone and power it back on. That restored Internet connection, but only briefly.

I suspect it'll be touch and no-go for a while...

UPDATE: Turning on AIRPLANE MODE for about ten seconds and turning it off again also completely restored data connection.

9. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

I had the same problem in NYC, I had to restore the networks setting on the iPhone. But then had the same problem until I took it to an AT&T store and the rep took my sim out (guess what my sim was fried.) so I gotten my sim replaced and now I have no problems with losing service or 3g.

10. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Your welcome.