Data only...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleLover9o, Apr 22, 2010.

1. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

Do you guys this it'll be possible to get the ipad unlimited plan on the iPhone?

I like it because it's PAYG, so no contract.. So curious, is there going to be a chance of this?

Is there already a pay as you go data 3g plan?

Thanks for your help and wisdom!

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Currently, no. If the iPhone 4G does end up using microsims, you may be able to put the iPad sim in an iPhone. AT&T however may have a way to detect that (like how they detected smart phones without data plans and auto-upgraded them).

3. calsci macrumors 6502

calsci

If the 4g has a micro sim then maybe but you would still have to buy the phone without a plan or buy it and then cancel the plan.neither seem completely cost effective.

4. likegadgets macrumors 6502

Call AT&T - Last year my niece needed a blackberry with data only. I went to the store and they assigned a new SIM with a new number with no voice plan, just data for the same $30 a month we pay on the iPhone 3Gs

5. AppleLover9o thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

I tried talking to a guy at Radio Shack about getting a data only.. he said it wasn't likely they'd do that without a voice. However, that store is very slow, so I'm sure he wants to sale unlimited plans as much as he can.

I'll call AT8T soon!

Thanks!

6. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You will need to pay the full $600 (for 16GB) or $700 (for 32GB). Since most of the subsidized amount comes from the voice portion of a plan, the $200 and $300, or even $400 and $500 subsidized prices will not be available to you. If you already have an iPhone, you will need to wait until your contract with it is over until you can cancel a voice plan.

7. AppleLover9o thread starter macrumors regular

I have a 32gb 3gs I use as an ipod/ camera (I am a Silver Powerseller on ebay, darn good camera, quick uploads.)

Now I'd like just the data, as I use Google voice to text, and would like to be able to constantly check my ebay listings. :cool: