Data Organizer App?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wallaby, Mar 20, 2008.

1. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

My dad is a big fan of the iPod Touch and its multimedia capabilities, especially when it comes to WiFi. However, he's looking for something that acts as a sort of data organizer. Is there any apps out or coming soon that add this sort of functionality? Things like a Calendar + alerts, multiple notes files? And can .doc files be read through the email application? I think a Touch would be really useful for him at his job but he needs to be able to use it like a data organizer in order to find it useful.

2. intempo808 macrumors regular

Hmm. That sounds like a good idea, and I'm pretty sure that an application for this sort of thing will be out very soon after the 2.0 iPhone / iPod Touch update.

But, wouldn't and application like this render Apple's own Calendar app and stuff useless...?
    :rolleyes:

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

:confused:do you even know what you are talking about?:confused:

To the OP:
    The calander can do alerts, you just have to set it.
    Notes can handle MANY pages, as many as you want, and you can e-mail to anyone
    .doc CAN be read with the mail app (you need the Jan update to get mail)

4. phooi macrumors regular

I ordered an iPod Touch specifically for this purpose. I plan on retiring my Palm and use the iPod as a PDA or "data organizer". With the wifi, you can get access to the web and email. The Touch comes with a calendar, contacts, email, notes, and a web browser. Everything you're describing can be done using the Touch. The Touch doesn't come with a document reader (word, pdf, excel) but if you send it as an email, you can read it thru that.

Hope that helps.