Data plan for T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by claraliu, Oct 26, 2011.

1. claraliu macrumors newbie

T-Mobile's data plans changes recently (I think) so I'm not sure which data plan I can still get for my iPhone?

2. ann713 macrumors 65816

The cheapest available is the $10/month "Unlimited" data plan which throttles down at 200MB.

3. claraliu thread starter macrumors newbie

So am I only allowed 200mb of usuage? That's where I;m confused.

4. ann713 macrumors 65816

Well, it's advertised as 4G Unlimited and data speed is supposed to slow down at the 200MB mark. You're limited to 2G EDGE speed on the iPhone, so it doesn't really matter. Simply put, yes it's basically unlimited data. :)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

With 2G edge data trust me you won't use much:)

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The monthly4g 50 dollar plan is the best plan to use on an iPhone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah right.
    The best to waste money.
    Pay $50 a month for edge data on a device that won't even get 3G never mind 4G speeds.

8. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

There is the monthly 4g plan for fifty dollars. It is unlimited text talk and web which would be 2g speed. That is the one I have way cheaper than AT&T Yes the speeds are faster. But it is worth it to me to save the money. Also there is a thirty dollar plan with unlimited text and web and 100 minutes it depends on how you use your phone. You can get 2g speeds on an iPhone so don't let the sells person talk you into a higher plan.

9. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

So if he has T-Mobile, why would he want to go on a different plan since he can only get EDGE speeds? The $50 unlimited talk, text and 100MB of high speed web would suit him perfectly. Since it's not going to go over the EDGE speeds, the 100MB of high speed would have no difference than a contract plan with a data feature added on.

It depends which plan he is on for the $10 data plan. If he recently renewed his contact and switched to a Value Plan, his data plan for 2GB of high speed web (irrelevant) will be $10. The 200MB plan on the Value Plan is $5/month.

On a regular (Classic) plan, the 200MB is $10 which is what you're probably referring to.

He needs to be careful because the 200MB plans on contracted plans added AFTER August 14th are NOT overage free. If he added it on before that date, he would be fine. So in this instance, I'd either recommend the 2GB plan or go on the prepaid unlimited talk & text plan.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, I thought wrong.
    I thought he was talking about $50 just for the unlimited 4G data:D
    I was like WTF? That's high.
    Ok, that makes sense then.

11. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

Got it. :D That is what I sell most people that come in with iPhones. You can't really beat that deal for talk, text and unlimited web for the iPhone. Not having a contract is also a great feeling.