Data plan limits - will it really be unlimited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scootermafia, Jun 24, 2007.

1. scootermafia macrumors member

Just thought I'd start a discussion on this, as providers like Sprint consider anything over 160mb/month to be "abusive" for their EV-DO plant that they claim is unlimited, and AT&T for their 3G plans will start sending "nastygrams" when you hit 3GB or so of use. If I were to get an iPhone data plan I would want to know that I could recklessly use the data plan with no repercussions. The sorts of stuff that the iPhone can do, like Youtube, are data-intensive, most Youtube movies are in the multiple megabytes, etc. Things would only get worse once the iPhone gets 3G.

Oh, and some shameless self-promotion - the site in my sig has the most important iPhone news condensed together, plus I will get live stuff on the 29th up there so those at home can stay up to date.

2. SeanMcC macrumors regular

There is a 5GB soft limit on data usage with AT&T's unlimited data plan.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

NO, there is not a soft limit on the iPhone. Read the TOS; you are referring to the limit for air cards. There is no limit for the iphone.

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Jun 24, 2007

This thread is over TWO YEARS OLD GUYS. Why would you reply to a thread this old? The OP has most likely found an answer by now.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was responding to the newbie about the iPhone data plan. :)