Data plans other than iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the1payday, Sep 17, 2007.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I'm planning on Buying an iPhone and unlocking it to use on an At&t business plan that I'm currently on....the reason for this is because my phone bill is dirt cheap. My question is which data plan does At&t offer that is the equivalent of the iPhone data plan? At&t is not going to let me add the iPhone data plan on a non-iPhone account so I have to get the next best thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Not sure but I heard if your already with At&t they will let you keep your existing plan and you just need to add data ($20 a month) to your plan.

3. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

This is true.

With regard, to the OP...not sure what data plan would suit you best. I dont know anyone but yourself would know that. ATT has all data plans listed on their website, you could check which ones are there and decide then?

www.att.com

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I dont think you need to unlock it though you can just add it to your current plan and add data.

5. the1payday thread starter macrumors 6502

the1payday

I can't do that though.....my iphone is on a business account and iPhones aren't allowed to be put on business accounts, only personal accounts. My phone costs me $15 a month. With the equivalent $20 data plan thats only $35 a month....better then $60 if I have to get a separate, personal account. I Just want to know which non iPhone data plan that At&t offers is the closest to the iPhone data plan. I'll unlock my iPhone, put my old sim card in it, add a business data plan, and I'm done. Basically which at&t plan has the same stuff for only $20? I really need help here.

6. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I don't know to me it's not worth the trouble of unlocking it for $25 a month. With all the trouble people are having with unlocked phones like iphones freezing up and will apple relock them in the update do you think its worth it. I mean look and all the posts from people having problems with thier unlocked iphones. If I paid $400 for an iphone I would want to make sure it worked all the time. Just my way of thinking to each his own though. Good luck.:)

7. NoleRx macrumors newbie

See the link below for a discussion related to this. As far as I know you don't even have to "unlock" your iphone you just need to activate it using independence when you already have a ATT plan (I'm still trying to figure out if you need to drop your old att sim in prior to activating) but supposedly you just need to add the unlimited MediaNet plan $19.99 to your old phone and then switch the sim to the iphone and you will be good.

http://modmyiphone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750