Data problems, related to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jhkaplan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I"m having a bit of data speed issues recently with my jailbroken iPhone 4.

I live in Chicago and have great AT&T service everywhere I go (home, walk to work, in the office). I'm on wifi at home and at the office, so the only time I really use my 3G data is when I'm outside of those 2 locations.

Since I jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago, I've had very poor/slow data speeds. I have full bars showing, but data download speeds around .06-.5 Mbps.

A quick turn on/turn off of airplane mode seems to fix the issue, and I resume getting my normal 1.5-3.5 Mbps speeds in Chicago.

I notice the issue happens when I leave a wifi zone and then move into 3G usage, ie walking to work or taking the dog for a walk. I'll get almost no data download at all until I turn off/on Airplane mode.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is it a jailbreak issue? I've been jailbroken before on other iPhones and other iOS versions, but have never had this issue.

Just for reference, I'm on iPhone 4 iOS 5.0 with untethered jailbreak, with the following packages:
    Activator
    SBSettings
    BiteSMS
    Browser Changer
    CallBar
    FakeClockUp
    Five Icon Dock
    NCQuickDismiss
    Sirious
    StayOpened
    WeeFlashlight

Anyone know what I should do? I already tried to reset network settings, and that didn't seem to work.

Thank you for your help!

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know where you got the untethered iOS 5 jailbreak.

Regardless, most of those apps look like they wouldn't affect network speeds. The first one I'd delete as a test would be Sirious. IDK what StayOpened does.

3. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

I used RedSn0w to jailbreak. It's not untethered.

I doubt the data speed issues are related to Sirious. I was having this issue before I installed it.

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

have you tried resetting network settings? also did you do a clean install before jail breaking or did you just do the jailbreak on top of whatever you had in that device? i would first do the network setting reset and if that does not solve the issues then do a clean install and do the jailbreak again and set up the iPhone as a new device. do not restore any setting when syncing with iTunes. see if that helps.