Data Projector Wont Connect With Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lahamus@mac.com, Oct 31, 2007.

1. lahamus@mac.com macrumors newbie

I teach and use LCD projectors every day. Never had trouble before today. Just installed Leopard and the two projectors I tried could not find my computer, or the computer could not find them. What can I do about this? This is a MAJOR problem for me. HELP!

2. linuxophile macrumors regular

Problems with external projectors

Similar problem here: I bough last week (March '08) a new MBP (with touchpad), Leopard 10.5.2 installed, all upgrades done.
    I was at a conference and needed the laptop for the presentation.
    None of the projectors there would work with my lemon (I tried 3).

I believe :confused: that it is a software issue (maybe driver).

DETAILS:
    1) the computer DOES RECOGNIZE the projector but the projector DOES NOT receive any signal (and they were NOT BROKEN, because they were working with someone else's Powebook G4) (and yes, I did ``detect displays'', this is my 3rd mac....)

2) The MBP WORKS FINE with any external MONITOR (not projector) I have tried before and after.

3) the only sign of ``trouble'' in the system.log, at the time of the attemps is the following (sorry for the long log but it may be relevant), which does not occur when plugging a monitor:

Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Contrast.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Contrast and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization.
    Mar 15 11:51:47 BoutrouxMBP [0x0-0xe10e1].com.apple.systempreferences[2281]: objc[2281]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions.