Data Recovery App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrianJ844, Dec 16, 2009.

1. BrianJ844 macrumors member

I am in need of a data recovery app that can recover data off a Fat32 drive and save the recovered data to a NTFS drive (I use NTFS-3G).

I have PhotoRec but can't seem to navigate to my NTFS external to save the data (the only drive big enough to save the data too is my girlfriend's 500GB external and it is NTFS).

Any tips to getting photorec to navigate to the drive (I am pulling from one external to another). Photorec sees the one I want to save too I just can't get it to select it. Also if there are any other programs yall recommend, I will give them a shot.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. BrianJ844 thread starter macrumors member

Know of anything that is free? I only found Data Rescue 3 and had to pay for it... I don't want to pay for something unless I know it will work with the set up I have to use.

Brian

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oh, they're on III now. At least in II you could use it for free to determine what can be recovered; if you wanted to recover anything that's when you had to pay. Do they still have that?

4. BrianJ844 thread starter macrumors member

Yes it is still like that. Come to think about it, I have not confirmed the data is on the drive (I am doing this for a friend) so I might do that. I am just scared of buying this and it not being able to save to an windows formatted drive even though I have NTFS-3G...