Data recovery options

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Maxington, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Maxington macrumors 6502

So long story short. I misconfigured my SuperDuper scheduler and erased 1.5 TB worth of data on my Drobo.

Any suggestions to recover some of the data? The drive was erased by the program and now has new data on it...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If there is new data written over the old data, the chances are very slim of recovering the old data.

Have a look at FileSalvage or Data Rescue.

If they don't work, maybe one of those expensive data recovery companies might be able to help, but it is quite difficult to recover data once it has been overwritten, even if only once.

DiskWiping – One Pass is Enough

3. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

try Data Rescue 3, it could take days to do a full scan but you might get most of it back

4. Maxington thread starter macrumors 6502

Trying out Data Rescue 3. Estimated time to scan 107 hours :eek: but if I can get any of it back it will be worth it.

5. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

wow. good luck with that!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not to sound cruel, and its probably too late, but shouldn't you have a backup strategy. It doesn't matter if your drobo was raided, you need a secondary or (tertiary) copy of your data.

Hopefully you'll recover your data but also think of how to further protect it

7. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Have you managed to retrieve any data yet?

8. jacapsem macrumors newbie

Try to use Disk Drill, it is free, if you will not get any results with it then try to do hardware recovery. I heard they can recover any data more efficiently than any software...