Data Recovery Software...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Katin, May 29, 2011.

1. Katin macrumors regular

My friend had her laptop stolen and we just got it back. However, the thief deleted most of her Photos, Music, and Documents... Is there a way to retrieve all of this stuff back and what software do you guys recommend? Thanking you in advance

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

Data Rescue and FileSalvage are usually recommended for Mac.

however, if and what they can recover under such circumstances would have to be seen.

it depends very much on how and how often the computer was used after the files were deleted.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Its also good to note that more you use the hard drive in that computer, the more things (old data) will get over-written.

If you serious about recovering, swap out the drive for a new one and put the old one aside until you can recover your files.

4. niksimpsons macrumors member

niksimpsons

Hi Katin,

If you ask the way to get lost data back then I would simply say yes we can recover the lost data but when question came how much of the data would I get back? Here comes certain conditions that Mr.Quad5Ny nicely explained above, so point is, it is all depend upon the usage of drive if you or that "thief" did not perform much read/write operations after deleting the photos or files then upto 100% data recovery is possible by using "Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery" otherwise it will provide you the rest photos or data that left untouched.

Hope this help you!!