Data Roaming and Location Services randomly turn off

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wireman121, Jun 26, 2014.

1. wireman121 macrumors newbie

Anyone else noticing that Data Roaming and Location Services randomly turn themselves off with Beta 2?

I'm only noticing this when:

a) I get a notification that I received a MMS and that I should turn Data Roaming on to receive it. Even after turning Data Roaming back on I need to restart the phone before it will start receiving MMS again.

b) When I start Find My Friends, sometimes, it will tell me that Location Services is turned off.

Seems once Data Roaming turns off, it is having an issue using the internet in general, as it stops receiving E-Mails as well, until I restart the phone.

2. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68020

FelixDerKater

Siri also loses Location Services at times. It require cycling the preference for that app or service to get it back.

4. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

Yup. I haven't had the MMS issue, but my location services gets disabled randomly and it drives me bonkers. I use navigation frequently throughout the day, so when it does it, it tends get a bit annoying. I haven't found a pattern.

Just annoying.

PS, yeup....I know it's a beta, yes I know I don't have to use it. Still gonna. Thanks anyway.

-Jac

5. paulcdb macrumors regular

i've noticed this a lot and it could be related to the popups i get from time to time telling me x app has used my location recently and asking if i want to keep allowing it.

Maybe its getting hidden from time to time and so disabling the location for that app. It is rather annoying!